The Trauxit mobile applications and website match carriers with shippers. To enable these applications and websites (the “services”), Trauxit and its affiliates (collectively, “Trauxit”) collect and use certain information about our users when they use or communicate with us regarding our services. This notice describes the personal data we collect from users of the services, how this data is used and shared, and users’ choices regarding this data.
A. Scope And Application
This notice applies to users of Trauxit’s services anywhere in the world.
This notice applies to all users of Trauxit’s apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world, unless covered by a separate privacy notice. This notice specifically applies to Trauxit:
- Carriers: individuals or entities that offer motor vehicles used to transport goods
- Commercial drivers: individuals licensed to operate motor vehicles to transport goods for or on behalf of carriers
- Shippers: any user of the services that is identified as the shipper, consignor, or consignee, or that owns the goods being transported
- Dispatchers: individuals who assign motor vehicles and commercial drivers for conveyance of freight
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
The practices described in this notice are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us here or through the addresses below with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
B. Data Controller And Transfer
Trauxit llc. is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with the use of Trauxit’s services
Trauxit llc. is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with the use of Trauxit’s services.
Questions, comments, and complaints about Trauxit’s data practices can be submitted here.
III. Data Collections And Uses
A. The Data We Collect
- Data provided by users to Trauxit, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as Trauxit partners and third parties that use Trauxit APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Trauxit:
- Data Provided By Users.
- User profile: We collect data when users create, modify, or log in to their account; when they request support from or otherwise communicate with us; and if they interact with the services as a commercial driver or carrier dispatcher, submit information about their vehicle or insurance, or otherwise communicate with us. This may include their name, email address, phone number, login name and password, postal address, profile picture, government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also includes vehicle registration information, insurance information, payment information, and other information they choose to provide.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. We may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- Data submitted through communications with Trauxit: We collect the information users submit when they contact Trauxit customer support, provide facility ratings, or otherwise contact Trauxit. This may include feedback, photographs, or other recordings collected by users.
2. Data Created During Use Of Our Services.
- Location data: Our services require that we collect precise or approximate location data from commercial drivers’ and dispatchers’ mobile devices. We only collect such data where users have granted us permission to do so through the permission system used by their mobile device.
- Trauxit collects this data when the Trauxit app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, distance traveled, payment amounts, and other related transaction details.
- Photos: We collect photos of bills of lading, freight, and other matters directly related to the services where users have uploaded such photos to the Trauxit apps or websites.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services (including analytics that we or third parties conduct for the purpose of improving our services). This includes data such as access dates and times, app features and/or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Notice.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to interact with one another and Trauxit through Trauxit’s mobile apps and websites. To provide this service, Trauxit receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Trauxit may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
3. Data From Other Sources.
- We may receive information about commercial drivers from other users such as carriers or shippers, or from other third parties. This includes information about their location, or feedback they receive from other Trauxit users.
- We might receive information about a commercial driver or carrier from the regulatory bodies involved in the regulation of carriers.
- We may receive names and contact information of other users such as third-party brokers, carriers and/or commercial drivers from shippers who request quotations or services.
- If users engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about them or their connections from that site or app.
- We may receive information from publicly available sources and marketing service providers for lead generation.
- If users also interact with other Trauxit products and services, for instance to request or provide services through other Trauxit apps, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from them in their capacity as a user.
- Trauxit may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
III. Data Collections And Uses
A. The Data We Collect
C. Cookies And Third-Party Technologies
Remembering user preferences and settings
Determining the popularity of content
Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
D. Data Sharing And Disclosure
Some of Trauxit’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Trauxit may share the data we collect:
1. With Other Users Or Third Parties
This includes sharing data:
With other users or with third parties who require, request, or use such data in connection with transportation, logistics, delivery, and/or other related services arranged or performed by Trauxit, such as rewards partners for fuel discounts and similar discount programs. We may also share commercial drivers’ names, vehicle license numbers, vehicle truck numbers, and location with other users or third parties such as operators of a receiving facility. We may also share their vehicle truck number and vehicle license number with third parties, such as a pickup facility. We may also share carriers’ names with other users.
2. At Users’ Request
This includes sharing data:
With other users in connection with services or features that require data sharing.
With third parties in connection with Trauxit partnerships or promotions with those third parties. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Trauxit may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps, or websites that integrate with our APIs; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or other Trauxit business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services. The handling of such data by those third parties is subject to their privacy notices, and users should refer to those notices for more information on the handling of their data.
3. With The General Public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums, such as blogs and social media pages, may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user, or other features of the services that are viewable by the general public.
4. With Trauxit Affiliates And Third Parties
We share data with Trauxit affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes. We also share data with third parties with whom users choose to let us share data, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate.
5. With Trauxit Service Providers And Business Partners
Trauxit provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
Payment processors and facilitators
Cloud storage providers
Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
Data analytics providers
Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Trauxit or on Trauxit’s behalf
Vendors that assist Trauxit to enhance the safety and security of its apps
Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
6. For Legal Reasons In The Event Of A Dispute
Trauxit may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Trauxit’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. In addition, where a user uses another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share that user’s personal data with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
7. Through Social Media Sharing
The services may integrate with social media sharing features and other related tools, such as WhatsApp, which let users share actions they take on the services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Their use of such features enables the sharing of data with others, depending on the settings they establish with the social media sharing service. Please refer to the privacy notices of those social media sharing services for more information about how they handle the data provided to or shared through them.
8. With Consent
Trauxit may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice, if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data Retention And Deletion
Trauxit retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Trauxit may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for the reasons stated in this policy.
Trauxit retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the category of user to whom the data relates, the type of data, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
Users may request deletion of their account at any time by emailing freight-support@Trauxit.com. Following an account deletion request, Trauxit deletes the user’s account and data, unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute.
F. Grounds For Processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of Trauxit’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
1. To Provide Requested Services And Features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their booked loads, trips, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
Location data, which is used to track loads and assist with navigation
Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance Trauxit’s services, including to determine incentives, connect loads and commercial drivers, and calculate payments
User-provided contacts, including names and email addresses, which we use to enable users to request and receive quotations and services from their contacts
Information relating to customer support
2. For Purposes Of The Legitimate Interests Of Trauxit Or Other Parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of Trauxit’s apps.
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, machine learning, and research and development; and enforcing Trauxit’s Terms and Conditions.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
3. To Fulfill Trauxit’s Legal Obligations
Trauxit is subject to the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which it operates that may require it to collect, process, retain, and disclose users’ personal data. We collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
Trauxit may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
4. With Consent
Trauxit may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys.
Users may revoke such consent at any time. However, they will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
IV. Choice And Transparency
Trauxit enables users to access and control the data that it collects, including through:
Trauxit also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that Trauxit restrict its processing of user personal data.
1. Device Permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the Trauxit app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the Trauxit app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from a user’s device (whether their own device or otherwise) per the permission system used by their mobile operating system. If they initially permit the collection of this data, they can later disable it by changing the location settings on their mobile device. However, they may not be able to use the Trauxit app if they disable our collection of precise location data. Additionally, disabling our collection of precise location from their device will not limit our ability to derive an approximate location from their IP address to personalize the content of the websites and/or app.
Important information about device permissions
The permissions requested by the Trauxit app include permission to collect users’ location data for the purposes described above. This permission enables Trauxit to collect this data when the Trauxit app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
Carriers and commercial drivers cannot use the Trauxit app if they do not permit location data collection.
Please take the following steps to disable the Trauxit app’s ability to collect precise location data:
Settings → Privacy → Location Services → Trauxit → choose Never
Settings → Apps → Trauxit → scroll to Permission → toggle Location
On Android Lollipop (5.1) and earlier
Settings → Location → toggle Off
Notifications: account and updates
Trauxit provides users with notifications and updates related to activity on their account and booked loads. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Trauxit app and cannot be disabled.
Notifications: potential loads and news
Users may enable Trauxit to send push notifications about potential loads and news from Trauxit. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through Settings on iOS or Android.
2. Marketing Opt-Outs
Users may opt out of receiving marketing emails and other messages from Trauxit by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. We may still send opted-out users non-promotional communications, such as those about their account, services requested, or our ongoing business relations.
3. User Data Requests
Trauxit provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit requests, questions, and comments about Trauxit’s handling of their data. Users may submit these by email to freight-support@Trauxit.com.
Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that Trauxit has collected from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
Changing or updating data: Users can ask that Trauxit change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time by emailing freight-support@Trauxit.com.
Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. Trauxit may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.In addition, depending on their location, users may have the right to file a complaint relating to Trauxit’s handling of their personal data with the applicable data protection authority.
Questions, comments, or complaints about Trauxit’s data practices can be submitted here.
V. Updates To This Notice
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Trauxit apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
After such notice, use of our services will be understood as consent to the updates to the extent permitted by law.
P. O. Box 78095 Indianapolis, IN. 46278